Saturday, June 5, 2010

NO OBAMA (yet)

MONDAY, June 21 -- Five days to go


ON TUESDAY (and probably on Wednesday, too) I'm going to spend the hours of 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. distributing 1,000 event flyers door-to-door in the neighborhoods near Ocean Beach. (If you feel like joining me, please do -- call my cell: 415-305-8294). Everything is in place except the crowd right now. We've got 158 people confirmed on the Slash Oil meetup site, and between the people who have signed up with the Hands Across The Sand organizers and the people who have told me they are coming but haven't signed up, I am right now confident of at least 300 and I'm expecting a whole lot more than that. Whether it's 300 or 3,000, I'll be prepared with an "adjustable" outline.

I have confirmed that the video I sent through a "back channel" to President Obama has made its way to someone who has the President's attention on a daily basis. Beyond that, I simply don't know. I don't know if President Obama has actually watched it, but I think it very unlikely (and my back channel agrees) that Obama could be unaware that this coming Saturday thousands and thousands of people will be gathering on beaches worldwide for hundreds of Hands Across the Sand events. It is definitely possible that Obama has become aware of our specific Ocean Beach event, but the truth is, I don't know. And I'm not holding my breath. The hours are ticking down. I can almost hear those helicopter blades now.

No comments:

Post a Comment