Saturday, June 5, 2010

Tick, tick, tick...

11 p.m. -- Thursday, June 24 -- 36 hours to go


YOU KNOW, back during our Beach Impeach year, 2007, we'd certainly have cancelled an event that had just 176 confirmations, but this is entirely different. We've got the MoveOn email to its membership (not the 3 million people I reported earlier, but 5 million!). We've got the Hands Across the Sand website sending unknown numbers our way. I'm getting emails from people saying they're coming but haven't signed up, and I've also been getting emails from people in obscure corners of my life, people not on this list, saying they've heard about our Saturday plans. I'll be almost shocked if there are less than 500 people there, and I think it's entirely possible that we might have a tsunami (of people) roll in. We shall see. In about 36 hours.

I haven't checked the weather, but it's been not-nice here the last few days -- dress warmly if you're coming on Saturday. The helicopter's scheduled arrival (11:25 - 11:30 a.m.) is starting to look like an auspicious time. My almanac says the moon will be exactly full at 11:32 a.m. (not visible here, of course). And the phenomenal US soccer team plays Ghana at 11:30 (you can catch the last hour in the bar at the Beach Chalet Restaurant). But it seems like quite some convergence brewing. We shall see.

Sleep well...

No comments:

Post a Comment