Saturday, June 5, 2010

PARK SERVICE OKs 2,000 PARTICIPANTS

June 5, 2010

"SLASH OIL" EVENT -- June 26, 10 a.m., Ocean Beach, SF


Well, here it is, early Saturday morning, exactly three weeks from what I've come to call "Slash Oil"...

This is the time where I start to freak out. I've got the helicopter and photographer lined up. Yesterday the Park Service gave me a verbal ok for 2,000 people to take part, instead of 1,000. I've got an image sketched out. I have the tools and the know how. Now I need 2,000 people. Given the conversations I've been having with people in my cab and in my life, I like to think that there are AT LEAST 2,000 people who feel strongly enough about this Gulf catastrophe, and who enjoy an hour at the beach in the company of like minded others. Now, how to best get the word out to them?

The sign-up mechanism I used for Beach Impeach no longer exists. I'm trying to figure out a new way to "register" people -- all this really means is that I want some way for 2,000 people to be able to go online and ad their name to a list indicating their intention to come to Ocean Beach on June 26.

I'm working on it...

Please stand by...

Brad


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment